Saturday, May 14, 2011

Walkin' 4 Wyatt - 2011

Wyatt, our 7 year old, diabetic son is at it again! 

This year he has set out to raise $10,000 to fund research that will hopefully lead to a cure for diabetes.  Yesterday after going to many businesses to ask for their support, I asked Wyatt why he liked raising money the way we do.  I figured that he was blessed by all of the people giving him "Atta boy" praise for trying to raise this kind of money at 7 years old.  Instead, I was blessed when he said,  "If I keep doing it, maybe someday I will be able to no longer have to be diabetic."




I am pleased to announce that the Lord has allowed Wyatt to reach 1/3 of his goal of $10,000!  I encourage you to click on the provided link and watch the video Wyatt recorded a few weeks ago.

As a family, we will walk the three miles with Wyatt on May 21st.  You are welcome to join us on Saturday morning at 8 am at Fresno's Woodward Park.  It was fun last year and I am sure will be this year as well.  We'd love to have anyone who desire to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment