Wednesday, September 28, 2011

San Juan Capistrano Shuts Down Home Church

Today I received this announcement from Brad Dacus, President of Pacific Justice Institute. I can't say I am surprised, but this is evidence of the spiritual battle against the church today; a battle the Church will prevail against, but must fight none the less.

The spiritual battle has many fronts today from outside and from within. Click here to read about a case in San Juan Capistrano that is just one more attack on Christianity. The difference is this time it is venturing into the area of private home life.

It is ludicrous to think that hypothetically my own family gathering for Bible time each night would need a permit under the City official's apparent interpretation of this law. Since my family meets nightly and there are seven of us in the home, then we would need a conditional use permit. Without this permit my own "Home Church" would be fined $500 a night which equates to over $182,000 a year in fines.

It amazes me to see how intrusive government in this state has become! Now obviously, I am thankful this is not happening in my town. The reality is that if it is not stopped in it's tracks, it is just a matter of time before they show up to regulate my home and yours next. What happened to freedom of religion or to the right of assembly? Amazing how far down the road of unconstitutional governing we have slid.

I pray that the PJI attorneys, along with Chuck and Stephanie Fromm, will be able to bless and curse not, as they stand for the unalienable right to worship Jesus Christ in the privacy of the Fromm home. Unalienable rights cannot be taken away and are granted by God, the Father of Jesus Christ. According to William Blackstone, founding era constitutional law professor, man's laws, inconsistent with God's laws, are not laws at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment