Tuesday, January 24, 2012

When you're lost, find your why!


When one loses their why, they lose their way!

Recently, I found myself struggling with low motivation or energy to finish some goals. After floundering for a while, telling myself time and again that I needed to get them done. I became frustrated that I just didn't seem to have what it took to get these things moved along. I began to think that maybe I had bitten off more than I could chew. I began to doubt my own abilities and even started to look for a rock to hide under rather than face these projects that seemed to be perpetually in my face.

Then I began to ask myself why they needed to be done. Once I began to chew on the why that lies behind each project, it became much easier to roll up my sleeves and accomplish those supported by the most important why. Each project needed to be done, but when I lost my vision of the why it was easy to allow the rest of life to consume me.

It is nice to have the reminder of the value of vision coupled with the purpose to keep the vision alive by keeping the why before me (Eph. 5:16). I see this applying to every aspect of my life and I trust you will as well. Remember that once you forget the why, you're headed to being lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment